Start Planning Today!
High school graduation isn’t that far away, and it’s hard to imagine that after 12 years of being told which classes to take that now you have to decide what to study and which career path to pursue. Big decision, huh? So how exactly do you make that decision? A good place to start is to identify your skills and passions, and see if a career comes to mind that needs a person with those traits. When doing this, be sure to think “outside the box” because many careers exist that you might not have considered.
One of the career paths that you might not have considered is in the nursery and landscape industry. Do you think it could be a fit for you? If you have some of the following traits, a career in the nursery and landscape industry is definitely worth considering:
- mathematical and analytical skills
- environmental awareness
- problem-solving skills
- enthusiasm for design
- technological savvy
- love for the outdoors
- an aspiration to help people
- the desire to work with their hands
If several of these attributes describe you, you might be asking: “Why should I choose a career in the nursery and landscape industry?” We’re glad you asked. Here are the top 4 reasons to consider a career in the industry:
1. Jobs Galore. If you are interested in a skilled trade, employers in the nursery and landscape industry want you now! Many opportunities exist throughout the country, with positions available in every state.
2. Make A Difference. Working in the nursery and landscape industry can give you tangible results and immediate satisfaction. Working in this field offers the perfect opportunity to see something that you’ve created everyday.
3. Show Me The Money. A skilled nursery and landscape industry professional can make a good living – and the salary gets even better with experience!
4. Enter Through Different Channels. You can enter the field with a high school diploma, a college degree, or get on-the-job training by your employer. There are many colleges and universities throughout the country that offer degrees for the nursery and landscape industry.